Online Content Analysis of the Health Care Industry
SUMMARY OF CONTENT ANALYSIS OF THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY
The following social media research study is a overview on the health care industry and a number of the top companies within that industry. Using Focalytic's internet and social media data gathering and text analytic proprietary software, we examined consumer opinion about “Health Care” for a number of predefined analytical elements. Here are several of the findings from that analysis:
- Over the past ten years there has been a significant migration of consumer speech from conversation about health care providers, questions about insurance plans, benefits, and services to strong discussion about government action and interaction.
- During the past year there has been a significant shift from government Health Care policy reform to job search and employment.
- The overall tone of conversation regarding individual companies in the industry is generally positive; most of the online conversation is without extreme positives and extreme negatives, demonstrating a kind of lassie-fare attitude about health care companies in general.
- Overall the sentiment surrounding the top companies in the Health Care industry shows a strongly competitive market place associated with attitudes and emotional content. A significant disruptor across companies is associated with their corresponding level of Trust.
- Overall, the Medical Facilities group has the strongest positive content expressed about them.
- Whereas, Insurance and Managed Care have the lowest overall average scores with positive conversation barely outstripping negative conversation.
- Discovery Research Group has identified several strong correlations between linguistic elements and industry financial indicators. Of particular note is the strong correlation between the change in revenues and the use of extreme negative speech.